cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userr2oK5QmDiU
Asteroid

Smartthings WiFi hub crashes every few days

JUMP TO SOLUTION
A few months ago I purchased the 3-pack Smartthings WiFi mesh hubs. They were working fine for awhile but for the last 5 weeks or so the network crashes every few days. If I am not there I get messages that things are offline, Nest Camera, Wifi, Smartthings, etc. When I come home the LED light is red on all three hubs, there is no internet, and cannot connect to system through Plume. The only fix is to reset the Main hub connected to the modem. Things will be fine for a few days then it goes down again. The modem never needs to be reset, though I have done so just in case. I've tried swapping which hub is the main one but that doesnt help. The hubs have plenty of space so they shouldnt be overheating. Has anyone else had this issue with these?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smartthings WiFi hub crashes every few days

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to our Connect Home department directly: 866-813-2404 or support@connecthome.zendesk.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to our Connect Home department directly: 866-813-2404 or support@connecthome.zendesk.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userr2oK5QmDiU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
First I would like to say that this has NOT be resolved, so please remove the “Solved”. I contacted support and was told to try a different cable or a different outlet. I have tried these things and there has been no change. In fact I have discovered how to reproduce the issue. The issue is whenever the internet goes down the router light turns solid red, but when the internet is back up, the router just stays in whatever mode it is in and does not come back online. I have to either unplug and reply the router or unplug and telling the Ethernet cable. I do not have this issue with other routers including cheap ones. I have three of these SmartThings routers and all three do the same thing. This would suggest it is a software issue where the router is not recognizing that the internet is back up. I have replied back to tech support via email with this information but have not gotten a response.
userWF9Osw8rcD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having this same issue. I have to play with each hub, reset it, factory reset, and hope it works. It may for a day or two but then it crashes and I’m back to square one. Dare I hook up tv’s and a PS4 with a direct line. That’ll cause chaos. 

userr2oK5QmDiU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am bad about following up on my posts but I did get a response and I had to work with the Plume support.  The issue for was a bug in the firmware that the router was not recognizing that internet was restored after even a brief loss in internet.  The router then was not requesting an IP address from the ISP DHCP Server.   They confirmed this by looking at the logs after I dropped the internet connection at the modem and restored it.  They said they will have to put a fix in a firmware update but have no timeline when they believe the next update will be. Currently, the workaround is to place  another router between the ISP modem and the Smartthings WiFi router.  Not exactly acceptable from any product that wants to call itself reliable, but I no longer have any issues with this workaround. 

userHvJ0wO0xWK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this same problem except I am dropping my internet through the Smartthings hub several times a day.  My internet from my service provider has been steady with no interruptions.  I've tried soft, hard and factory resets and still have the same problem.  I'm now waiting on support to come up with a solution.  They told me to stand by until they have an idea what the problem is.

userOspG0PoULz
Astronaut

I don't understand why my better I just installed is new...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't understand why my better I just installed is new and after changing it

At 75%is running down so fast?

userjDRhaFYE98
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem I upgraded from google wifi but this is  Ridiculous 

userdZWqWy1xmK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list.  At least once a day, sometimes twice, my internet drops and Smartthings isn't smart enough to recognize it and go back on line.  I am slowly convering my house to a Smart Home and have Ring Cameras and numersou lights/switches, robovac set up.  If Smartthings continues I'll be looking for a Smart Home Mesh that I can rely on. 

userr2oK5QmDiU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdZWqWy1xmK wrote:

Add me to the list.  At least once a day, sometimes twice, my internet drops and Smartthings isn't smart enough to recognize it and go back on line.  I am slowly convering my house to a Smart Home and have Ring Cameras and numersou lights/switches, robovac set up.  If Smartthings continues I'll be looking for a Smart Home Mesh that I can rely on. 

To be fair, if it is the same issue as mine it is not a SmartThings/Samsung issue.  The hard ware is working fine.   The problem is that Samsung partnered with Plume to handle the software/firmware which is where the issue is. Plume’s business model from their own hardware is based off of a subscription and Samsung has their software without a subscription so Plume isn’t exactly quick to provide support.