New update terrible

Highlighted
Constellation

New update terrible

The new update on my Samsung phones are terrible. 

Why remove the personalised sms message tone?  It is a feature that was used widely by many users.

The small icons that cannot be changed by the user is terrible.

When I try to make a call the application fail and force close.

The badges on all apps is annoying.

In general I love my Samsung but after this update I hate it.

How can I uninstall the update to go back to the previous version?

10 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: New update terrible

Sorry to hear that you are having this experience.  Unfortunately, you will not be able to uninstall any update.

Constellation

I don't want a Samsung account ... It is very annoying to be reminded every hour by a notification !!!
I had already turned it off, but since this morning, as a consequence of the update, the annoyment is back !!!
How to turn it off ?

Samsung Moderator

It looks like the notification may be coming from a recently downloaded app telling you to create or set up your Samsung account. If you would like trying to put your phone in safe mode to see if the notification appears again.

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.

Constellation

Thanks for the tip. I have Force Stopped all the apps I installed in the last 30 days. Than I will start them again one by one , the culprit will be revieled  !

Constellation

Nope ...that didn't work. Still the same annoyment . So it is not due to a recent app, but like I tought due to the recent OS update. It started also immediatly after I updated my phone. 

Samsung Moderator

Now try placing the phone in safe mode and see if the notification appears again.  

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let us know how this works.

Samsung Moderator

Just checking back in to see if troubleshooting helped. 

Constellation

At the end I gave in Smiley Frustrated  and accepted the Sams account ... gone with the nagging !

Constellation

Any word on how to get personalized text tones back?? This is the most inconvenient part of the update for me and I'm already going crazy.  This one thing has me looking at iPhones more and more.