Did you mean: 

Original topic:

5G to 4G handshake

(Topic created on: 11/11/20 10:27 AM)
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Ever since I installed the Beta I have been having issues when there is no 5G available, instead of it going to 4G it just loses data until the 5G comes back. It is not a carrier issue. When 5G is lost it just resets the APN instead of going to 4G
6 Replies
LAKU
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
so fad so good for me. I have not notice that.
0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
it's been reported by multiple users that noticed it as soon as they installed the beta. The phone is turning off all data connection and restarting as if I was hitting the "Reset APN To Default" button in the connection settings.
0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I had this same issue. I did two things that appear to have fixed it.

step 1, (from someone on Reddit)
Dial *#2263#, select NR5G Band Preference, then select NSA only. Select GO MAIN, and finally apply band configuration. It should say Apply DONE, press the home or back button, and you are good

Step 2: (figured this on my own, if you are still having issues)
reboot after step 1. do the same thing as above EXCEPT in the NR5G menu select the first option, and apply and reboot.

last option but do above first (if you are on tmobile), go to the store and ask for a R15 SIM card. tell them you are having data issues. tell them support said you needed one and leave it at that, they should give you a free SIM.
0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I tried everything except swapping for the R15 SIM card, I will get the R15 card tomorrow and see if that works thanks.
0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
@SCRAMJONES Did you get an R15?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Network connectivity issues will most likely be resolved more effectively by contacting your carrier directly. If issues, persist, however, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes