Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

5g mode on galaxy s21

(Topic created: 10-19-2021 09:04 PM)
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
I read when first getting the galaxy s21 that it supports 5g after I get it I do speed tests and see that it's not getting the gig plus speeds that 5g is supposed to get I read after that the galaxy s21 and I think the galaxy s21 plus only do the sub600 mhz 5g and that the galaxy s21 ultra does the full speed 5g if it's a software things can we get the full speed 5g on the galaxy s21 too I don't know if it's a hardware or software thing I think it's software but I don't know but if it is a software thing can we please get it on the galaxy s21
9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
What carrier are you using? T-Mobile?
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
Tmobile
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Galaxy S21 5G and S21+ 5G
5G
5G Non-Standalone (NSA), Standalone (SA), Sub6 / mmWave

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
5G
5G Non-Standalone (NSA), Standalone (SA), Sub6 / mmWave
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
I'm confused if your saying that the galaxy s21 can do full speed mmwave 5g
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
The S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra all use the same bands / frequencies
0 Likes
43Blues
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
It's because the 5G deployment isn't in full affect just yet. Although they have 5G towers in lots of areas, they're still putting up and adding to existing towers. They said this will probably take until 2025, buy I do get what you're saying though. You're expect those fast speeds now. Take for instance where I live. My 5G is kind of slow. But when I go to Downtown Houston which is 20 minutes away. I'm pulling in 600 to 700mbps download speeds when I do test.
0 Likes
useribQgLPDQRM
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
As you already stated having TMobile, they have 3 different bands that connect us to their "5G" network. All 3 will say 5G...low med & high...the high band is the one that has the super fast 5G speeds... unfortunately, tmobile doesn't have that everywhere. It's in very small select areas. We're usually connected to the mid & low bands... Which are technically LTE+ but they won't admit it.. I've been doing speed tests...my s21ultra will say it's connected to 5G but ookla will say it's actually LTE..So we're being cheated in a way lol.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @anonym0us ,

Ultra Wide Band is only supported on Galaxy S21+ 5G and S21 Ultra 5G.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MFrizel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
It depends on your area. I have TMobile and a few days ago I was getting over 600mbps in a particular area in my city Screenshot_20211021-003445_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes