Why?

Have you enabled Developer Options?
Options
Suggestions
Yes I have my developers options enabled
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
You can do this for games in Game Booster settings, and for normal apps just set Power Save mode on.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Cheesydieper 

You can change performance of system as a whole from settings -> Battery and Device Care -> Battery -> More battery settings -> Processing speed. Please let us know if you are looking for an individual core management solution.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Options
Suggestions
Hi thank you for the response yes I'm aware of performance system but I'm looking for a more in depth control like individual core management and perhaps even the ability to change the scheduler of the processor
0 Likes
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I think this might be too advanced of a feature to add to a phone since some people might mess with it and mess up their phone. Plus, the processor already does its best to manage performance and battery life so there really isn't much need for a feature like this. If you want your phone to be slower, just enable battery saver with the limit processor speed option enabled.
Options
Suggestions
Downclocking processor is safe and won't cause any trouble, overclocking on other hand can cause overheating
0 Likes
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
No not that it will break their phone but they might not understand that it will slow their phone down.
0 Likes