Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Adaptive Refresh Rate

(Topic created on: 10/28/20 7:32 PM)
bigMYLO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I know this isn't really exclusive to One UI 3.0 but I think all phones getting One UI 3.0 with 120hz refresh rate should have an Adaptive Refresh Rate like the Note 20 series especially the s20 series phones. Given that 5his would be a software thing and not so much a hardware thing. Or am I wrong? 
7 Replies
Arvin
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Adaptive refresh is hardware design...Cannot get It via OTA. The Note20 series are using LTPO screen... A advanced High tech screen material
DashonHuncho
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
it's a hardware thing
SyCoREAPER
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
if I could force the phone into 96hz refresh via an app I'm sure it can be done via an official firmware/setting. maybe not true adaptive, but it could at least cycle between 60, 96 and 120 depending on the circumstance/app.
0 Likes
zdost
Comet
Options
Suggestions
actually, under my post posing the same suggestion, they stated that they'd consider adding it somehow. I don't see how this would be able to be added via software.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
TurtleRaver
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
If you want a work around for this Ive been using bixby routines to add the 120hz to apps such as Facebook, insta, internet, etc and scaling back down to 60 when the app is closed
bigMYLO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
thanks guys. I wasn't sure if it could be done via OTA or not
0 Likes