Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Additional Always on setting

(Topic created: 09-19-2021 01:10 AM)
Annuvin
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I like the new always on setting that triggers it only on new notifications. But the downside is that at night, I put the phone on my wireless charger & want to glance at it to see the time. But I can't. My suggestion is that if you select this always on setting, a checkbox appears that says something like "When charging, keep always on enabled". 
7 Replies
Chuckhelton
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I made a Bixby routine that turns on AOD when charging. Otherwise it is on the 10 second tap delay.
Annuvin
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I was thinking of trying something similar with Tasker. I'll look into it, but it would still be a nice addition at the OS level. I'm guessing it would be a much appreciated feature.
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Mine always shows the time when is charging
0 Likes
Annuvin
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Mine shows battery but not time. I don't just have AOD on, I have it set to only come on when there's a notification. If all notifications have been cleared, the screen goes dark (minus charging info).
0 Likes
Annuvin
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I was able to get this working in Tasker. I checked to see if phone was charging. If so, I create a Tasker notification, wait 5 seconds & repeat. That way there's always a "new" notification to ensure AOD stays on. Still, if they put the charging info at the bottom, I'm not sure why they can't just add the time. I think that would be a reasonable solution also, as opposed to showing true AOD with all your notifications.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Annuvin ,

We recommend using Bixby routines instead of tasker as it is one less app on device and not to mention Bixby routines access to system settings.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

Annuvin
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I am not very familiar with Bixby routines, but I did not see a way to accomplish my goal that way. Tasker made it possible.
0 Likes