Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

App Icon Badges

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 04:56 AM)
Garou
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Everytime I use the messaging app on my phone I have multiple notifications from different people that I later read but I forget to read them because the number badge would dissappear. Would be nice if they stayed until I press a button that can be labeled "Mark read all".

If anyone understands what I'm trying to say lmao šŸ¤£ 

8 Replies
Garou
Halo
Options
Suggestions
This is what I tried to post with my suggestion.Screenshot_20211025-075243_One UI Home_50193.jpg
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
agreed: this was a change made a few years ago and I believe it's a function of the underlying Google platform. I may be wrong, but I too, would like to see the badges remain until manually cleared.
Garou
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Especially with all apps that can send notifications
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
With Google Messages, the Notification panel shows a single, expandable Notification ...

If there are more than one messages (text), there is a "down arrow" at the right side, when tapped, will show the individual messages (texts).

You can tap on each individual message, and in doing so, only that message Notification will be removed from the panel, and you'll be brought into Messages and land on that text chat.

However, if all the [individual] message Notifications are collapsed into the original "single" Notification, and *that* is tapped, all the Notifications will be dismissed.

Hope all that makes sense.

One other thing to note - not sure if Samsung Messages Notifications works this way.

Also, since I don't use icon badges, that count may or may not related to the county of unread in the Notification panel - I might test this laterScreenshot_20211025-073742_One UI Home-01_10304.jpgScreenshot_20211025-073734_One UI Home-01_10303.jpg
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
the ultimate change came when, after opening the specific application, all notifications disappeared, whether or not you read all of the messages/emails, etc. if you're busy, it would be helpful to be able to see, at a glance, that you still have some communications you need to address. as it stands now, you must remember to go back into the app and address the unanswered messages.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Okay, the icon badge count works as I anticipated in my previous reply.

If I have two unread messages, the icon badge shows "2".

If i only tap on *one* of the [two] Notifications on the panel, I am taken to Messages, to that particular chat.

The icon badge now shows, "1", because I've only tapped on the single / individual Notification.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
And if I have two unread ... and I tap on the "collapsed" Notification, I am taken into Messages, and the badge does not show a count, as expected.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Garou ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes