Did you mean: 

Original topic:

App suggestion!

(Topic created: 10-15-2022 03:13 PM)
JawshDarnit
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I know this is not new of an ask, but I am hoping the data proves itself. I want more of Samsung's default apps to be OPTIONAL. I don't want Samsung messages or Bixby or call or contacts etc from Samsung taking up space on my device. I want to be able to uninstall them without root. I want to be able to keep the Samsung apps that I love and continue to use such as email for my work account, visual voicemail for its ease of use, Samsung Music for when I'm in the car :sport_utility_vehicle:. I feel like this is a suggestion we have been asking about for quite some time. By all means, do what you have to do on the Korean models but for the US and unlocked versions we want to be able to completely remove all copied apps. We understand your need to keep them, but here in the US most of us (not all) enjoy our Google standard apps better. 
6 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
I want to uninstall them also
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Suggestions
For me, I don't want them to remove these apps like Samsung Messages, Bixby, Call, and contacts from the device. I don't want Samsung to just look like any other android device with google apps. I do wish that they maybe JUST INTEGRATED some of their apps into the system and settings or make some important ones like Samsung Health uninstallable and make the apps more fluid and actually have more features including Samsung Messages considering the undeniably fact that it is WAY TOO OUTDATED AT THIS POINT. I also wish they would ask what apps you look to download as I don't want PenUp, Samsung Kids, and only a few others from my device. I find Samsung Music kind of bad IN MY OPINION considering that it's just an MP3 player and Spotify just baked into one app.
sunny28
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Maybe you should try a pixel phone instead of Samsung, sounds like what you want. Just saying...🤔
JawshDarnit
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
No. Because Pixels don't have the extra features that Samsung's do. And I don't mean their native apps either. I mean the overall build and cameras, the software itself. I enjoy OneUI. I don't want a pixel because the cameras are **bleep** compared. I want more control of what goes on my Samsung device.
sunny28
Comet
Options
Suggestions
That's why I don't like pixels and prefer samsung, plus they just make the best phones . Totally get what you're saying.👌:light_bulb:
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes