Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Autoscan WiFi password

(Topic created: 09-22-2022 04:11 PM)
thoughts
Comet
Options
Suggestions
On Android 13 in the gallery we can tap&hold on text to copy text out of the photo. Can we get a camera next to the eye, that opens the camera to scan a Wi-Fi password (copy the text out of an image)? Or maybe a camera tool for the Samsung keyboard. So image text can go straight to an input text box 

I think this could be a killer feature. No more typing in long jumbled Wi-Fi passwords you have to read of a sticker in a difficult location. Just point the camera and extract the text. 

Technically I can do his now. It just requires taking a photo, extracting the text, switching back to the settings app to paste the password. Just make it more stemless/lessSteps

2 Replies
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I went into keyboard settings and I added the optical texts recognition button to my keyboard! It's a small fix.Screenshot_20220925_112037_Samsung Members_1000018942_1664122837.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes