Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery Health

(Topic created: 10-11-2020 09:08 AM)
Diego07
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
I feel like we should have an option for the phone to charge to a maximum of 80%. This will be beneficial because it can help the battery be more efficient for a longer time. 
Also if you charge your phone at night you don't have to worry about your battery degrading as much. 
8 Replies
Options
Suggestions
I don't agree with that recommendation. Why have something only charge 80%? If you wish to charge yoir battery to only 80% charge ot during the day, and monitor it. 20% less charge for me results in 5+ hours of use.
0 Likes
Kaku
Halo
Options
Suggestions
that's why it's a option, not a mandatory thing. having the option will not affect your use.
For example, I don't use 4k video recording NEVER EVER, but it's nice to have the option.
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Also many battery experts state yoi should always charge to 100%, but it's the frquency of how many times a battery is charged that degrades it.
0 Likes
Diego07
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
the battery is put on a lot of strain when it's on 100 percent. This is why companies like Tesla recommend you don't charge to 100 percent. But I can agree that no matter what the battery is going to degrade, this is just a way to make it last a little longer.
Options
Suggestions
I understand, but that's a car company--this is a phone. Cell phone batteries have advanced a lot. And there really isn't much stress on batteries. You may have a point with the Note 20 Ultra where there is some heating, but for this phone(S20+ for me) it's tip top. I don't agree...like I said, if you are worried don't charge your phone overnight. The super fast charger gets you phone from0 to 80% in about 30-40 minutes...
0 Likes
Diego07
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
There has been many instances where I was going to sleep and I needed to charge my phone but also didn't want it to go to 100. This will be beneficial for these situations.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.

0 Likes
PaulW
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I like it. slow charge the last 20%.
0 Likes