Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Biometrics/Fingerprints... No Update???

(Topic created on: 11/18/20 2:05 PM)
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Suggestions

I have to say, I'm pretty upset with Samsung right now. I suggested adding the option to save more than 4 fingerprints weeks ago and I had multiple people in agreement with me, including The Mod from Samsung who commented. I even received an email from Samsung thanking me for such a request. Yet they haven't responded to my email back, nor did we get any update in Beta #3... 
I cannot for the life of me understand how Samsung can or would sell a device for $1,500 or more, in this case my Note 20 Ultra 5G, and not allow us the users to save more than just 4 fingerprints. How does that make sense? You guys sell the top tier phones and devices. 

You sell us a phone at this price of $1,500 and many of us put screen protectors on them, to protect our devices. But due to the screen protectors being so thick, the fingerprint sensor has a hard time scanning our thumbs. We understand this, we know it's an issue. But this means that some of use save the same finger more than once. Yes, this actually helps!! In my case I have both of my thumbs saved twice and it works nearly flawlessly. 

Samsung, look.... I absolutely love my $1500 phone. Possibly, maybe..? The last Note Series from you guys. So point is, I'm not cheaping out on protecting my screen. We know the sensor has limitations, it's not perfect, but it's damn close! All that I'm asking, we're asking, is for the option to add more fingerprints. Trust me, it would greatly help those like myself who struggle to unlock their phones due to screen protectors. And yes, your screens do crack. Two work companions have cracked/shattered theirs already, it happens. The screens not much stronger. 

So come on guys... 

I have ran into multiple instances where I would have loved to have used my index finger because the phone was positioned in such a way that my face couldn't unlock it and to unlock my phone with my thumb I would have had to maneuver the phone in a very awkward fashion. Which is just, unnecessarily agitating. 

It's an easy addition and would show us, your users, that you listen and care. Just because it doesn't seem needed to you doesn't mean that it would make our lives easier. 

1 Reply
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team