Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Biometrics and Security/Fingerprints

(Topic created on: 11/8/20 10:44 PM)
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Suggestions
May I suggest adding the option to save more than only 4 fingerprints? Because of my screen protector on my $1500 Note 20 Ultra 5G, I had to save each thumb twice to insure a good read on my print through the screen protector. Otherwise it would take a few times to unlock my phone. But I have ran into multiple instances where I would have loved to have used my index finger because the phone was positioned in such a way that my face couldn't unlock it and to unlock my phone with my thumb I would have had to maneuver the phone with one had and my fat fingers. Unfortunately, because I had to save my thumbs twice, I am unable to add another fingerprint.

I think it woukd be helpful, and easily done, to add the ability to save more fingerprints. 8 max would do more than enough. Two for each thumb and two for each index finger. 

Is it a lot, yes it is. But for $1500 on a phone I'm not cheaping out on protecting my screen. I know the sensor is awesome and has its limitations, so I think, cost effectively speaking, adding the additional prints would greatly help those like myself who struggle to unlock their phones due to screen protectors.

Heck, hide the option in the developer options if you must! But please allow us to do this. 
5 Replies
Arquell
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
I was just coming on here to say the same thing! I agree :thumbs_up:
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I really really would like that, but even if it's a developer option that the user has to enable themselves. But lord have mercy... With the phones getting as expensive as they are I need to protect it now. It's not just a phone, it's a literal investment. My friend shattered his glass just from a 2ft drop, maybe at the least, so I bought the best screen protector I could find. Which of course made the fingerprint scanner suffer. They definitely should do this in my opinion, it's a small thing that I think would help thousands of people.
Arquell
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
it truly is! and it's a shame that this fingerprint doesnt work well with most screen protectors, but something simple such as adding the option for us to include more fingerprints will be beneficial. I currently have two of the same thumbprints because of this! we definitely need more than four fingerprint options.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

USCG1992
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Thank you! I really hope this happens because you're gonna make a ton of people happy! I know at least 5 people who aren't in the beta program who have this complaint as well and wish we could add more prints. Thank you!
0 Likes