Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bring Back Secure Folder Backup

(Topic created: 09-09-2022 05:16 PM)
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I don't know why this was ever removed, but the feature to back up the secure folder should be brought back.
11 Replies
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I'm sorry, I don't believe that feature will ever be brought back. For security reasons, Samsung doesn't want to store sensitive data and be responsible for its contents in any way.
0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

Everything on my phone is sensitive data, what are talking about? My credit cards my pictures all my account information and Samsung let's me backup all of that. If that was the case there wouldn't be a save feature for anything.

0 Likes
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Suggestions
In that case why do you need secure folder, just use another app like Google Files. Secure Folder is for more sensitive information than credit cards, and every day pictures... again, there's a reason why Samsung removed the cloud back up for Secure Folder, it's not coming back in my opinion.
0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Secure folder is for whatever "I" want to use it for, you dont get to decide what I do with it. If I want to lend someone my phone, they don't automatically have full access to everything. Everyone doesn't take boring everyday pictures like you, some people have pictures with sensitive information and it should be able to be backed up without moving it back to a folder with no protection. You are arguing for something that you don't use and you have made that perfectly clear that you don't even know what other people might use it for.
0 Likes
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Suggestions
All backup of 'Secure Folder' was moved to Smart Switch.

To backup to your PC you will need to install the Smart Switch PC app (Windows or Mac) and you can back it up there.

Deselect everything but Secure Folder (under apps). It will be encrypted using your Samsung Account credentials.
0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I don't carry a laptop everywhere I go, I should be able to save my stuff straight from my phone especially when it cost over $1000
0 Likes
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I don't either, I actually use a USB-C external drive. The same process can be performed as above.
0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
You're all missing the point. This is about "Secure Folder Backup To The Cloud." You guys just keep replying with extra steps that we shouldn't have to take just to make a backup, especially since we had the feature available to us for years, and it was taken away. What happens when you lose that hard drive or it gets corrupt? Then you'll be here wishing you had the backup in the cloud. You can't lose the cloud, and the cloud doesn't get corrupt. You also have access to it anywhere at any time, without having to carry a hard drive with you all day every day.
0 Likes
Mantequillas
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Thanks for the information. I didn't know you could do this.
0 Likes