Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bring back cellular band selection!

(Topic created: 10-12-2023 03:26 PM)
Options
Suggestions
Please bring back the ability to choose between 5G and LTE to One UI. There are so many places in the US where 5G doesn't work well, and in those places, the lack of ability to manually force LTE makes my phone much harder to use. It's unfortunate, but 5G in the US has been a disaster. Apple and Google both know this, and this the iPhone and Pixel both have the ability to force LTE. Samsung should absolutely have this feature! Thank you.
14 Replies
Options
Suggestions
Settings> connections> mobile networks> allow 5G service toggle... At least for T-Mobile.
0 Likes
46m3csl
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
Doesn't work like that for the unlocked version
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
It does
Animal7296
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Yes it does. I do it daily as I work where T-Mobile has poor 5g but their 4g is great. My phone is unlocked from Samsung.
Options
Suggestions
Can confirm this, the option is gone for me as well. S23U unlocked
0 Likes
46m3csl
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
Totally agree, 5g service sometimes is much slower than 4g and like to switch but can't. This should be implemented
0 Likes
BayouBoy3
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I have Visible and it does it automatically. I can only assume you have Cricket? Maybe? But that's the reason I jumped off their network, their 5g is lower tier and every blue moon it toggles between 5g and LTE.
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Have you looked in settings, mobile networks??Screenshot_20231012_204006_Call settings.jpg
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I think it depends on device and carrier.Screenshot_20231012_205440_Call settings.jpg
0 Likes