Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Camera Performance

(Topic created: 10-04-2021 11:49 AM)
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I'm not exactly sure how the current cameras operate when switching between zoom levels, however I do have some suggestions that could help improve their performance.

All available cameras (excluding the selfie lense) should be activated. The system analyzes the scene from each one and makes adjustments to focus, light levels, etc. I figured this would be better as switching from different zoom lenses is out of focus and down right jittery (even on One UI 3).

Of course having all the cameras active at once and the system processing multiple lenses would most likely increase battery usage, but it's just a thought!

I just want seamless zooming already, I know this phone is capable of it.

This one is probably not fixeable due to the literal location differences of each lense, but perhaps some form of software compensation can alleviate the off-center focus when zooming into items. I'll go to zoom into something like a plane, and once it switches to the farthest optical lense, it"s suddenly out of view and the application becomes slow to respond as I try to zoom out just a little.

With that said, this is one of the better betas I've ever tested. I've been lucky enough to get my battery boosted to 10 hours of screen on time and 16 hours of screen off time. Minus the horrific stuttering in the UI, my phone is noticeably quicker when I open other applications.

Hope to see everyone to the final build of One UI 4!
1 Reply
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

For stuttering UI, we have put in few fixes that will be released as part of next software update.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team