Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Camera/Video Quality

(Topic created: 09-16-2022 05:19 AM)
Options
Suggestions
The Galaxy S22 Ultra has great camera and video quality I must state first and foremost.  

Now that's out the way, as everyone knows, S22U users have a 108MP camera. My question is, are we really getting all that we can out of this hardware & technology that we have? 

What do I mean? When comparing with the competition, what can our devices be better at?

Shutter Lag- I've noticed it takes a little longer for this device to take a shot than many of the competitiors. Is there anything that can be done to change that without sacrificing image quality?

Image Quality- Is there any way images can be more crisp while keeping natural colors and pulling out fine details. When taking photos, most people desire to just point, shoot and Wah Lah!! The perfect picture is the result. I believe that's a core to how we rate smartphone camera systems. 

From what I noticed, my device seems to struggle when capturing red images and images in low light. With red images, the colors are off and details are attenuated. In many low light situations, images, esp portraits, can really end up washed out. Other low light photos can come out to be a bit grainy. 

However, these things are easily fixed by the usage of three built in photo editor and a third party editor. 

Video Quality- Is there anything that can be done to better the motion tracking & focusing while in video? Focusing on objects can be a bit slower than other devices. Videos can also get a bit blurred of the subject is in motion. 

When using super steady mode, it's cropped and isn't able to record in 4k. 

Is there a way to improve on these things and are we at the point where we are getting all we can out of our 108MP camera system? 

What's your take?? As I mentioned, the S22U has a great system in place already. What can be done to improve? What are your experiences with your device? Feel free to comment & share. I'm looking forward to seeing what more this device is capable of. 😎

11 Replies
Joeyjoe
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yessss I love this phone and u are :hundred_points:% correct!!
Options
Suggestions
Thanks for your feedback
0 Likes
BetaV2Tester
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
The Samsung 108MP camera is the best camera on a smartphone. But the software is way way behind. Try to learn from your competitor's technologies like iPhone in video stability, Huawei in night mode ...etc.
Options
Suggestions
It does seem that the software has room to be optimized. Thanks for your feedback
Options
Suggestions
FYI...

Definition of voilà

—used to call attention, to express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic. Vwa-Lah, Wa-Lah, Wa-La: The Many Misspellings of Voilà...
Options
Suggestions
I understand what voila is, mon frere. Thanks for trying to help tho. I typed what I wanted and how I wanted to express myself. 😎
0 Likes
Nick012
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
And the flickering in heavy detail areas such as grass and other fine detail areas
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I just wish that Samsung would develop better camera software..
LG, for instance, even though they are out of the mobile game..
Their camera app was awesome.
The controls on PRO mode were great on both photography and video.
Also, cinematic mode for videos was very nice.
Samsung is way ahead in terms of hardware, but they need better software to actually take full advantage of it.
I can still take pretty great pictures to this day with my old LG V30+

Just please, Samsung Developers give us great camera software...
The hardware is great..
Options
Suggestions
I get what you mean.. Thanks for sharing your feedback
0 Likes