Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Can we possibly get more functionality to dex

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 07:59 PM)
Michael1993Dreer
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Can we possibly get more functionality to dex like more resolution settings and such I mean dex is great but at times we connect to monitors that aren't 1080p
I use my phone quite often as a desktop and it would be great if it was unlocked for multiple resolutions so my font and such isn't garbage and blurry 
3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Understood !

I have dual Dell 3818dw (38" curved) monitors that run at WQHD+ 3840 x 1600 ... but Dex looks a bit of of place, with everything else displayed šŸ‘
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Michael1993Dreer ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

userFhDybUcG5T
Constellation
Options
Suggestions

I am using S22 ultra with Dex and I had no success having the full resolution on my LG Ultragrear GN950, which is 3840*1600. The bad thing is connecting to this screen doesn't support even 3440*1440 and drop to lower resolution of 2560*1080. This is still 21:9, but pretty dissappointing to not utilze higher res.

I have tried my phone on 2 other screens from LG and DELL, both having 3440*1440 res., using the same connection equipment and I could get the full res. in dex. So if Dex doesn't support 3840*1600, then it should drop it to 3440*1440, which is pretty acceptable.

Dex is pretty amazing, and saves a lot of energy costs for my desktop needs because I am using it more often than and keep my desktop PC off until I have to run heavy tasks. But the dex experience for me and potentially others who have 3840*1600 screens, if Samsung supports this res or at least switches to 3440*1400.

0 Likes