Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Clean up the notification bar.

(Topic created: 09-12-2023 10:16 PM)
TonyRednil
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
It seems as of late, the notification bar has forgotten its intended purpose. Do people really need a persistent icon to let them know bedtime mode is on? That an alarm is set for the next day? That Bluetooth is on or a device is connected? Maybe clean up the right side by merging the battery percentage and l level icons into one icon, a battery level icon with the percentage in the middle of it. When the Wifi icon is displayed the Mobile Data icon can dissapear. Other icons like Sound mode, Bluetooth, Alarm, Active modes, etc can be limited to notifications that can be dismissed.
9 Replies
Hikevint
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
I agree, however you're asking people to relearn something that's been hardwired into them since the beginning of android. It is very crowded and it totally needs attention. For instance my father had 3 temperatures in the bar. When asked why? His answer was I don't know how they got there and I don't know how to get rid of them. So maybe start with simple things, for example (using temp again) install 1) Weather Channel automatically puts it there.
Install #2) WGRZ Weather app (local) automatically puts it there install #3) ect...
Start by asking if they want a 2nd temp on bar. Little steps go along way. Apple is so successful because each one acts exactly the same. They have become their own 1984 commercial. But my mom can pick up an iPhone 8 or iphone 13 and she has no problem using it. And I hate the fact that android isn't like that.
0 Likes
TonyRednil
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I hear you on that. I think it's good that Android isn't like that though. Sure it's mildly infuriating when they spontaneously change something seemingly meaninglessly. At the same time if we didn't have anyone pushing the boundaries we would never progress to something potentially better. Also just because it's the same constantly doesn't mean there won't be a learning curve for someone. I once watched a man struggle for like 30 minutes figuring out how to turn the flashlight off on his iPhone 7 I think. I think it's good to have a little bit of change in our day to day lives at least once a year. As long as people are notified about the change and given the ability to revert it if they choose.
0 Likes
robbyz94
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
You could remove all of that with good lock
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Yeah. Just after the QuickStar app is compatible One UI 6.
Kervestile
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Well first you need Theme Park updated. QuickStar piggybacks with it.
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Before joining the beta, I could just install QuickStar and was able to customize the visibility of indicator icons without Theme Park.
0 Likes
Tg1016
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
My notification / status bar seems fairly clean. I think it depends mostly on settings, there is a setting that allows only the 3 most recent notifications to be shown, otherwise if you don't clear your notifications, it just looks like a train of icons sitting there.Screenshot_20230913_083040_One UI Home.jpg
TonyRednil
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
This is true for the left side of the notification bar. With the acception of Android system notifications like do not disturb. For the right side however, I still haven't figured out how to get those to disappear without using an application like notistar or theme park.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes