Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Clear cache shortcut

(Topic created: 10-06-2023 10:15 PM)
XJCAR
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Clear cache shortcut would be nice. A coworker brought it to my attention as to how easy it is to do on Motorola phones. If I'm missing something that's already there, please inform me. 
5 Replies
Options
Suggestions
Clearing cache is only meant to be done if you are having issues with an app. A shortcut would encourage usage of something that is only meant for a troubleshooting step.
XJCAR
Halo
Options
Suggestions
This is being discussed around the internet. And here's the outcome. "cache data takes up the device's internal space and makes your smartphone slower. So, in order to boost your phone's performance, you can clear cache data from both web browsers and apps."... Makes sense to me sense the same principle stands on a PC.
KBWolf
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
A cache is actually used to speed up an app's operation. It's there so you don't need to fetch the same data over and over again when trying to do the same thing. Take a messaging app for example: if you didn't have a cache, every piece of media you see (images, video, texts, and even profile photos) would need to be re-download every time the app is opened. It shouldn't be a common thing to clear out unless you have private data you want to erase from it or something got corrupted.
Side note: if you need to clear your cache to make space for something else to download, there are too many other things taking up space that should be cleared first
XJCAR
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Yup, that's what cache is for. But it can accumulate and take up space in the background slowing things down. Point is clearing your cache can help to speed up your device on Mac, iOS,PC, and Android. Which is why Motorola has a dedicated button for it on some of their phones. And being the powerhouse that the S Ultra series is. I thought it a good suggestion. At the end of the day it's Android. We can have it all.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team