Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Consistency in UI

(Topic created: 10-09-2022 02:30 AM)
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I hope the suggestions are not too late because I waited for beta 4 to see if they would polish in this area, but they don't appear to be.

1. Please make sure that "Customization Service" looks consistently throughout the Settings menu.
This is an example of what I am talking about.

2. Color palette is applied to subheaders and explanatory text in a few places in the Settings. Here's an example.
Color palette is applied to subheaders and explanatory text

However, some of them are still "unfinished". This is an example.
Subheaders and explanatory text are lack of color palette

3. Same thing occurs on the quick settings panel. It appears that the only area color palette being applied to subheaders and explanatory text is "Always on Display" section. Please apply the palette to the rest.

Edit:
5. There is no color palette is applied in Modes and Routines. Please apply the palette to this page.

Even though I show all of these in dark mode, the suggestions should be applicable in light mode as well.
12 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Reverting back to black and white would be an option to make it consistent and better visibility like you said (especially explanatory text). Just be consistent.

In my opinion, if they revert back, this update would feel even more like One UI 4.5.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Did you notice they are all in the same category? IOWs, separate from airplane mode, mobile networks, etc.

But that one category is the only one that is different, because the connections are dynamic, so I'm guessing on my end, that's why there's a little inconsistency.

I like your examples which are widespread inconsistent. I'm not downplaying your concern or even dissatisfaction with the color inconsistencies, they are valid. On my end for me, it doesn't bother, mostly because it only affects one specific category, one where I rarely have to expand and check out, unlike most other settings functions.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team