Original topic:

Daily Restart Maintenance

(Topic created: 10-04-2021 01:40 PM)
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Suggestions
All:

I have noticed that if I perform regular restarts, daily, that my device is more stable. Not to say it is "super", by any stretch of the imagination. I have noticed that the lag is better, when performing those daily restarts. 

Otherwise, the phone becomes more unstable as the days go on and crashes anyway. 

So I suggest, maintenance considered, that everyone completes a daily Restart his to see if things seem better during the course of completing this for a week. 

Just a thought. 
19 Replies
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah, I was going to point that out, but I know a bunch of people that do not want a "scheduled" restart due to work/security reasons.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
The Device care settings will not restart the device if it's in use
0 Likes
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Suggestions
It is not a matter of "being in use".

For example, I manage access control, alarms, and monitoring software for a very large university. I cannot chance missing a call at any point during the day. So, I always give the appropriate people a "heads-up" before and after a restart.

Sounds crazy, but it is my reality. Others may fall into similar scenarios or would rather restart manually.

Just sayin'.

The scheduled restart is a good tool, but just not for me.

Thanks again for being engaged with the community.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
Fully agree šŸ‘
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
I believe that I more advanced device care app would improve overall performance and stability
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @bigbad614 ,

Please also note that if you do enable automatic schedule of reboot, device would be rebooted but would not show certain notifications until device is unlocked at least once as your user data has not been decrypted yet.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

bigbad614
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yet another reason why I do not schedule automatic restarts.

Cheers!
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @bigbad614 ,

Thank you for your Tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
lowbar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Good tip but my S21 doesn't make it a day without rebooting on it's own. Typically 3 to 5 times a day.
0 Likes
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I definitely fell ya. I am still having random reboots. Just 2 a day, instead of about 5 or 6.
0 Likes