Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Dark mode

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 08:45 AM)
darksidesh007
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Have dark mode as actual black or AMOLED not the current dark grey, or at least give as an option. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Do you mean dark mode option? If so we do have that option on the notification panel
0 Likes
moe
Sun
Options
Suggestions
No. OP's referring to how when you click 'dark mode', everything turns gray and not actually black.
0 Likes
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Suggestions
strange might be a bug @darksidesh007 do report your problem to beta.
0 Likes
moe
Sun
Options
Suggestions
It isn't a bug. Most of the interface/apps turn mainly gray rather than a full on black. For example, settings, youtube and play store is dark gray by default, whereas Instagram, Facebook, Reddit and Discord can be amoled black.
0 Likes
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Suggestions
You are right. I barely use those features and just noticed it isn't fully black on youtube, settings
But I see the dark mode is greatly optimized on s21ultra than of iPhone 12 pro max they have just like the tutorial version lol.
0 Likes
darksidesh007
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
This is the suggestion area, and not a bug. I am referring to Samsung's dark mode, and am suggesting a black or AMOLED not a dark that looks dark grey or an option to change from the "dark" mode to black or AMOLED.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @darksidesh007 ,

Dark grey surfaces can express a wider range of color, elevation, and depth, because it's easier to see shadows on grey (instead of black).Dark grey surfaces also reduce eye strain, as light text on a dark grey surface has less contrast than light text on a black surface.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes