cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dismiss secure folder needs to be unlocked message.

(Topic created: 08-20-2022 05:15 AM)
Shrekopher
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Please make it so the notification stating the secure folders needs to be unlocked to receive notifications can be dismissed and removed from the drop down.

There are security reasons to not unlock your secure folder after a reboot every time, and having the notification there is just calling attention to that you have secure folder setup. 
9 Replies
Aeterno
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I second this issue
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Doesn't it stay locked after you unlock it to get notifications
0 Likes
LRidgeHoward
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Yes, but it calls attention to the fact that you have a secure folder. Something that someone else may see and try to find what it is, or what's in it
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
If you have a secure folder who cares. They still need a pin. Also if you have someone watching your phone the moment you turn it on there is a matter of another issue
0 Likes
Shrekopher
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Yes, but the once unlock 1 time after a reboot the secure folder is only soft encrypted and no longer hard encrypted.

There is software available that can break the soft encryption. Which is why it is better to only unlock the secure folder if you need to. It is also why if you ever have the opportunity to turn off your device before it is taken from you it increases the security.
George001
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I agree with this. Part of the security of having a secure folder comes from it not being obvious to anyone who happens to look at my phone.
LakeRacer4TheWin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Agree as well. There was a question about this in the survey and I answered they should get rid of the notification after each reboot. Hopefully others did too.
0 Likes
Sifu Ming
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
Please, it's annoying.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes