Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dynamic Icon Labels, App Shadows

(Topic created: 12-20-2020 01:07 AM)
OmenBoy
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
App names on homescreen need to dynamically switch font color/shadow to be visible against the chosen wallpaper. I'm so sick of this not being addressed. I've experience it on S10, S10e, Note10, Note10+, Note20, Note20U, Fold2, and others. In my example I'm showing Samsung's own yellow theme freshly applied on the left. Icon labels are black/dark gray. When I choose a dark wallpaper, the icon labels stay dark and are not able to be read. However, the status bar dynamically switches dark/light mode to accommodate the darker wallpaper so it IS visible. I'm tired of having to fish for extremely light wallpapers when using certain themes that force dark icon labels. If there can be no adaptive label color, then change all label colors to white with a dark shadow. Also, please play nicer with adaptive icons in Android. Give user customization for icon shape and size. Also a universal toggle for uniform icon shape (and fix the inconsistent shadows/borders on app icons, which can be seen in app drawer with light wallpaper)

Right shows the illegible icon labels when using a dark wallpaper with certain official Samsung themes that force dark icon labels. Status bar has better behavior, as it shows in light or dark mode automatically based on the brightness of wallpaper.

Very inconsistent drop shadows on app icons. OneUI is creating these various random shadows, as some of the affected icons are adaptive (clipped by OneUI). OneUI's icon masks or containers need to be refined, or just evolve icon handling to be compatible with Google's adaptive icons (for the developers that provide them with their app).

0 Likes
1 Reply
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes