Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dynamic Island

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 03:13 PM)
userkar1
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
Samsung should learn from Apple specially the animation part. With iPhone 14 release and Dynamic Island expectations with S23. Samsung Samsung please please improve Animations
17 Replies
bqooo
Comet
Options
Suggestions
1000% 👍
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Plus, I am concerned that we will have to clean the front camera more frequently since our fingers will likely to go over it while using Dynamic Island.
0 Likes
fassblat
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
I feel like it would work better with the hole punch compared to the pill because Samsung phones would have more room on both side to put animations like that
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I agree but I also have second thoughts about it.

Punch hole is there because it takes less space, less black notch, and more screen.

Why do we want to increase black background (more noticeable notch) for those animations? Unless it's transparent background.
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Apple seems to show Dynamic Island in light mode or bright background so that the black island pops up.

What if we use dark mode that the top is already pretty much black. Should the island be white and reveal the punch hole?

I really like the idea of Dynamic Island. If Samsung can do it in their own way, that's great. Let's not just copy it without carefully thinking
0 Likes
fassblat
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
Well I'm sure if they did implement something like dynamic island they would have an option to turn it off, but when nothing is using a animation then it will be the normal hole punch.
0 Likes
Enverdaz
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I went into Developer settings and set the animations all to 0s
/shrug
-Enver
Note 9 N960u1 / S7 G930U / Gear S2 / Tab 4 7.0
...S5 (G900A) and Express (i437p AT&T) in there too...
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team