Did you mean: 

Original topic:

E2EE and RCS???

(Topic created on: 11/21/20 4:15 AM)
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Google just announced they completed the worldwide roll out of RCS. Samsung and RCS is just so choppy and it's not a standard on every phone. I get that it works well with T-Mobile or Sprint but some other carriers it's not interconnected with Google messages. Honestly at this point they should scrap Samsung messages and use Google because I highly doubt samsung is going to take the time to implement E2EE themselves. I have quite a few friends that use Samsung messages and it's not worth taking the time to convince them to switch. I know this is a stretch but will happen eventually but when Apple picks it up is it going to be apples compatible with Google messages but not Samsung? That would mean apple is compatible with EVERY SINGLE android phone except Samsung. That's not good. 
8 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

dortyboy
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I saw that yesterday. samsung is moving too slow on anything worth having. reminds me of Microsoft
Kev93
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I switched over to Google messages and I'm glad I did. Works better and faster. I wish they would add scheduling a message tho. That way I can send texts at certain times without having to wake up lol :>
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
they did add scheduling messages like 2 weeks ago it's just taking a while to get to everyone but I agree and that's why I use Google messages, it's so much further advanced
Kev93
Comet
Options
Suggestions
really? that's awesome! where do I find it?
DrFed
Comet
Options
Suggestions
iMessage compatibility with Android RCS? I don't see that happening any time soon. Maybe when new tech renders RCS obsolete.
0 Likes
JewellIV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I see RCS now that E2EE is in play becoming the new standard Imessages are very limited and only recieve updates with the phone is updated googles messages is update over the air or from app updates they also can turn on features without updates