Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Enable RCS on the Unlocked Versions

(Topic created on: 12/8/20 5:26 AM)
Dragos909
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
If for some reason the Android messages app will not connect to chat and you are stuck in the Setting up phase, please head over to your google app, click on your account letter in the top right corner, tap "manage your google account", tap "personal info", scroll down to "phone" and tap it where it shows you the phone number and then check the devices eligible for auto-verification and enable the device you are currently using. 

I didn't know that my google account was set up for my old phone so I would have never gotten RCS to work in the android messages app without doing that. No need to install carrier services or to mess around with the IMS Settings from the XDA website guide. 

Galaxy note 20 ultra on T-Mobile using Android Messages! 
14 Replies
Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
that's fine if you want to use Google app instead of the Samsung app. I used dial codes to fix stock rcs and enable native video chat .
0 Likes
SKLZWL
Comet
Options
Suggestions
how? I haven't been able to get this to fully work. only chat bots and they just show not really work.
0 Likes
Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
0 Likes
SKLZWL
Comet
Options
Suggestions
code doesn't respond. and I use the "checkin" code a lot for faster updates. but this one won't respond.(ب_ب)
0 Likes
Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
you're using Google dialer? not the Samsung stock dialer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer
SKLZWL
Comet
Options
Suggestions
ohh.. I did this thru Google messages before. it enabled the features but they didn't function. I'm gonna try the Google dialer when I'm home later. I'll let you know. thanks!
Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
lemme know I'll try helping best I can
SKLZWL
Comet
Options
Suggestions
same thing. enables chatbots but they don't work and duo doesn't dissapear after making a call. idk why
0 Likes
Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
idk if it's because mine is originally a vzw locked model with unlocked firmware or what, it's weird that it works for some but not others, but there help on the way for rcs etc in not sure about native video call
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-rcs-based-chat-features-rolling-out-samsung-messages-app/