Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Expert RAW

(Topic created: 10-23-2022 11:06 AM)
NotHughMahn
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
It would be nice if Expert RAW wouldn't process raw images, it ruins astrophotography shots and makes it really soft. It would be nice as an option at least. I also have every setting turned off; Auto HDR off, RAW file DNG, High Efficiency off.

S22 Ultra (US)
OneUI 5.0 
8 Replies
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Suggestions
That's what pro mode is for. The whole point of expert raw is that it has post processing applied to it similar to auto mode.
Options
Suggestions
I think similarly
0 Likes
NotHughMahn
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yes, but there should still be an option to not process the images.
0 Likes
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Suggestions
That is literally what pro mode is and it's already built into the phone.
0 Likes
NotHughMahn
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Maybe I want an unprocessed image with 16-bit RAW colors. And even pro-mode processed images come out less soft. I don't know why you're arguing about it so much, it's a simple, useful feature to not process the image. Especially since Lightroom is built with the app.
0 Likes
SiPas
Constellation
Options
Suggestions

I have another issue with the Expert RAW app (the newest version) in astrophotography mode. None of the photo editing software can import photos or edit them. I tried Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Luminar Neo, ON1 Effects 2022, and Apple photos. It's disappointing and not ready to be released for usage.

0 Likes
blazeBark
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Supposedly the Good Lock developers are making a new camera app - hopefully that'll take raw pictures better than what Google Camera ports for Samsung devices do.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes