Did you mean: 

Original topic:

FIX SMS AND MMS

(Topic created on: 10/30/20 5:19 PM)
43Blues
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I'm sure this has probably been talked about, but even in the stable version out of the box android 10. Sms, and Mms are not sending almost all day long no matter where I'm at. Same thing with my wife's s20, And also in the new beta builds. That has been the most annoying thing for me so far on my S20+ 

Not sure what the deal is, but the messages just have that spinning circle for a long time. Only way I can get messages to actually send is when I put it in Airplane mode then turn Airplane mode off. That really really needs some attention ASAP. It's been like that on every build even stable build for me.:unamused_face:
7 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Have you tried force stopping the Messages, clearing its cache and rebooting your device, as well? Since this seems to be a persisting issue, please send us an error report. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
43Blues
Halo
Options
Suggestions
yes I have done everything, amd I learned everything you suggested here in the community threads. its still an issue and that's woth 3 different s20 devices so I don't know if it's a software issue or the devices themselves. I evem had to get a brand new phone because my screen cracked and same issue with new device out of box. it's like it's struggling to send text im 5G or 4GLTE. I goodle searched and apparently it's not just my devices, it's happening with the whole S20 line up across the country.
0 Likes
Bugwacker
Halo
Options
Suggestions
This is the fix that the "Chomp Sms" ended up with. (after 52 emails back and forth)

On your specific Galaxy phone 2 methods (related to storing and parsing the raw PDU) are missing! Which means only apps that implement their own MMS PDU parsing would work. Chomp has always relied on the MMS methods provided in Android.
0 Likes
43Blues
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I didn't have these issues with my S9plus, or my S10plus, for some reason it's just the s20 lineup.
0 Likes
Bugwacker
Halo
Options
Suggestions
So... It looks like this version of Android lacks the raw PDU parsing that is found in all other versions of Android.
0 Likes
Shadowmonkey101
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
yea I have this problem for weeks now. I can't send gif or pic sometimes. it like I don't have service or something
0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
are you using the Samsung Messages app? I've been using Google Messages without issue
0 Likes