Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fingerprint animation

(Topic created: 08-09-2022 05:25 PM)
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
 The fingerprint reader animation needs to be updated. The ripple effect has been around since the 1st version of One UI. It's very old now. We need some options for new animations on the fingerprint reader when logging in.

Also, when switching between the always on display and the lock screen, there should be an animation for the fingerprint reader. It shouldn't just reappear with a Same animation as when you wake the screen. Instead I suggest making the animation go in reverse or just making the fingerprint reader get slightly thinner or Bolder depending on whether it's being locked or unlocked.

Another great feature to add would be the addition of multiple unlock animations to choose from. We should be able to choose from from other animations besides just the swipe and zoom in animation that we normally get. Maybe give us a slide up animation or a fade animation or a number of others. You could also give us the option to have new fingerprint animations as well these all can be added in settings or in the goodlock application.
4 Replies
Bhupal64
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Everything Needed To Be Updated Not just Fingerprint
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Why would they change anything like that. In a way it's like Apple they give out the same software every year with the same phone and do minor tweaks. Odds are nothing like that will change unless it's like the 10 year or 20 year or they say they are done with one UI like the samsung experience before it and whatever it was called before that
0 Likes
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
No I think that while Samsung has become more Apple like in a bad way, they still have plenty of innovative ideas left. One UI is still new compared to Android and IOS though it runs on top of Android I still notice a significant amount of stuttering and lag on things that shouldn't. So I think that unlike TouchWiz and Samsung Experience, Samsung's software development team is actually putting effort into learning how to properly implement and execute new and old features before doing a whole bunch of overhauls. Also, Android unlike IOS doesn't rely on huge systems and OS overhauls to implement change since it's a modular OS that can update individual apps and features. Take the Samsung apps for example, before one UI 5 beta came out, the apps were updated separately and you can use many of them even on One UI 4. So as far as features, that's really an app level function on Android. The UI design can definitely be changed since we're on the 5th version of it now and it looks pretty similar to the original One UI but I think it's a bit of a double edged sword and that's why they haven't changed it yet. Remember that Samsung's past software was pretty bad and now that One UI has become many people's favorite UI even over stock Android, they don't want to risk upsetting everything by changing the whole look. In Samsung's view, people who really want a new change can download launchers or themes. But for the everyday user and especially the business users who make a good chunk of customers, they don't want something changing a whole lot every 3 or 4 years. It's the same reason Apple has so many customers still even though they lack any innovation. Many people don't like change. I personally would love One UI to get a redesign as would many others but, it's not in Samsung's best interest to do so until they can get a design that will win like they did with the original One UI. Let me know what you think.🤔
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team