Did you mean: 

Original topic:

First beta ui5 software is better

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 04:40 PM)
Sk3l3wo1f
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
I know it had issues but this update in beta is actual garbage, instead of partially fixing bugs why not fix all the bugs do compatibility test then release the update for beta testing. The one thing that's working in this beta thay still was broken in android 12 ui4 beta and official release was the keyboard randomly not working, they only fixed some stuff that was needed in android 13 ui5 but broke everything else within this update. Let's see if samsung sees this and takes advice to redo the fixes from the original ui5 beta released software and test it more than 5 times to see if everything works without breaking something else... I don't want another ui official release issue that released completly broken 

7 Replies
at0o0o
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Because this is beta, not stable. Issues are addressed and tested. Eventually everything will be ironed out. Fixing all the bugs at once will take time. If that's what you wanted, you should've just waited for the stable release. That's what it's for.
0 Likes
Sk3l3wo1f
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
every customization doesn't work lmao. Everything was working before this 2nd beta update
0 Likes
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
What is specifically broken?
0 Likes
Sk3l3wo1f
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
Color pallets, lock screen new features, settings menu randomly turns black and doesn't respond even after restarting the phone, 120hz refresh rate creating phone input lag watching videos and playing mobile games, the ui reporting an app has crashed still force closes itself, phone restarts randomly same as when ui4 beta, Bluetooth was spamming itself on and off same as in ui4 beta, galaxy store and play store most of the time doesn't open same as ui4 beta, sending a report to samsung spams a new blank line when trying to type info, browsers don't work after you close them most of the time, most of samsungs new widgets also disappear, auto optimization doesn't do anything like it says if enabled, ram plus is broken when turned off, my contacts I added 3 months ago disappeared, alert when phone picked up doesn't do anything, palm swip doesn't work either, secure folder is still broken ever since ui4 beta have fun with the added lag and every time you restart your phone blatant notification, adding any wallpaper to home screen eventually breaks the ui and blacks everything out same as in ui4 beta. Yeah, there are other issues but I mean samsung just wants bragging rights to be that kind of company. Also be careful anyones battery in their phone can explode or expand at any moment ( hope you have or get coverage just in case)
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Wow. I haven't had any of those issues on the most recent beta. Have you tried restoring the device? Could have gotten some files corrupted during the update.

The battery thing seems to only affect phones that are being stored and not used from what I have read. Actively used phones aren't having that issue. Not that it's acceptable either way. But most people aren't gonna experience this luckily.
Sk3l3wo1f
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
I had to do adb force downgrade that was super sketch and had to wait for 3rd software to drop so I could re get back into the beta but whatever was in the 2nd beta software caused the issue, the 1st beta software and 3rd seem to be without the issues that the 2nd had. it also seems like force downgrading isn't going to be a thing that is possible when the actual ui5 android 13 drops, it actually system errored with the android guy fix icon and is mind blowing that icon still exists from the pre erra of when touch screen androids became a thing, after letting the adb downgrad settle it took booted up after 10 min. My main guess is that I have a later s21+ model and some people have newer so idk software issues was a big problem on ui4 beta as well
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you encounter any issues while using the Beta SW, please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes