Did you mean: 

Original topic:

First time beta tester

(Topic created: 08-08-2022 06:11 AM)
iiDezxo
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
This is my first time being a beta tester, and samsung did not disappoint. I am very impressed by how smooth, and bug-less everything is. I'm not here to complain at all but to suggest some things that I would have liked to see in this beta but maybe you can include them in the future updates? 
1. Have the keyboard use the color pallet in dark mode
2. A color spectrum for edge lighting 
3. New lockscreen/AOD clocks (the pixel's large lockscreen clock is really cool) 

Great beta so far, Sammy! Happy to be part of this. 
10 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I'd like the same for the clock. Samsung's argument might be that you can design your own clock through the Good Lock app. (it's not the same)
Options
Suggestions
They keep it as an app because they would have to update the system to change something

When there is a bug in facetime, apple has to send out a software update

With Android it's just an app update

This is one of the issues with fragmentation, if they attached it to the system update most of the phones wouldn't be fixed for weeks
0 Likes
Craig3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Agreed. If you aren't familiar with it, Good Lock is an app from Samsung that allows for all of the customizations you are asking for and more. The only catch is that you have to get it from the Galaxy Store, so most people aren't aware of it.

Search for Good Lock in the Galaxy Store and install it. From there search for LockStar and Keys Cafe.

There is also an app in the Galaxy Store called "Edge Lighting Galaxy", which might be what your looking for to change Edge Lighting, but I haven't tried it personally.

But i can definitely vouch for Good Lock. Why Samsung makes it so hard to find is beyond me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Suggestions
Some of the goodlock applications don't work when having a beta installed. The home up currently doesn't work due to having the beat installed.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Home Up is working for me, but NavStar is out of commission.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
In the next beta update, perhaps the Good Lock array of customization apps will be able to be used. For now though, they do not function in this first beta release.

What you are suggesting can be accomplished with the current UI 4.0/4.1. In Android 12.
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
I assume they will not update good lock until oneui 5 is officially rolling out
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Perhaps, but updating GL will behoove the devs to making a better final release. Good Lock is nearly universal in usage.
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
They do seem to wait until the final release, I guess to see if Samsung makes some drastic change and need to make sure they do their testing before releasing
0 Likes