Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Future Beta programs.

(Topic created: 10-07-2022 04:22 AM)
Options
Suggestions
Stop opening up batas without screening participants. A simple questionnaire to screen applicants would solve a lot of the chaos in the beta program. 
It obvious people don't read, allow only people with basic technical knowledge. If a person can't correctly answer how to clear the cache, or how to recover, they should be excluded from joining the program.

I read a post where one user intends to change Smartphone brands because of their poor experience with the beta. This person should've never been allowed to participate. How many other feel as this person does?. 
6 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
not a bad idea at all. the caveat is, though, they probably need the "average joe" in the beta, since so many people use their devices at that level. developers need to know how the software is affecting those people, too. (that's the argument I can hear from them)
Options
Suggestions
There really are people out there that will sign up for these beta tests without being completely familiar with their phones. YouTube has tons of videos that show you things that you didn't know about your phone. Samsung still does need to know about potential problems with different setups though.
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Good idea. But as stated by others they need also the input from the average user. Maybe they can divide the forum into groups after a screening of possible participants. Have like beginners/average/expert levels.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
A simple, invite only, closed beta for experienced users prior to the public beta would solve this to some degree. I've participated in these for another OEM before.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I dunno about excluding persay, because data from less knowledgeable users is still valuable, but I think at minimum the forums need to have a popup before making a comment or new post reminding users of the nature of beta software, the fact that this is entirely voluntary, the purpose of these forums, and a reminder to use the search function before posting.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team