Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Glaring problem with beta join

(Topic created: 08-15-2023 02:53 PM)
Abhaya71
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I looked at the beta announcement on members app. Decided why not try Beta. It downloaded the update right away. 

Then I decided not to go through with it but because the update downloaded immediately there was no way for me to opt out of the update. I couldn't cancel nor otherwise stop the Beta update. 

I contacted Samsung support and they didn't have any answers as I had delayed the update as many times as I could. It updated while I slept. 

Now I am running Beta and the only way to get things back is to go on Smart switch and prey everything goes okay and goes back before the beta. 

Or I just use beta for now. 

So big suggestion for Samsung make a CANCEL UPDATE button on your Beta update in the future just in case another person like me changes his/her/their/etc, mind and wants to keep using stable build. 

Thank you!!
5 Replies
Jkelley714
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I would hardly say this is a "glaring problem" no offense I'd say it is a small basket of people who accidently click the join beta then decide they don't want to participate however I can see your frustration and there are ways to revert back to your stable build also samsung gives instructions on said matter.
Pablomx2
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
You must accept like 3 screens before joining the beta.... Soooo, I think it could have been prevented
Options
Suggestions
If u want to leave the beta u have to rest the phone 🤳 u won't not join beta
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Abhaya71
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
As far as joining the Beta that was not a problem. It was that once I did at that point I no longer had a choice to change my mind because the update immediately downloaded. Once it downloads you can't opt out. All I am asking is a cancel button on the Beta update?

You should be able to change your mind after you join the Beta. But I understand that I made the choice and there are ways to remediate my issue. They are just not convenient.
0 Likes