Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Hole punch for Camera Indicator

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 11:41 AM)
Options
Suggestions
I think it would be a nice touch if there was a ring around the hole punch when the camera is being accessed instead of a little dot. You could also use the hole punch for something like a LED indicator, which would be pretty nice. Sort of like how there's a little loading ring around the camera when face unlock is being used.
9 Replies
FrostTaco
Star
Options
Suggestions
Agreed, would also be much more convenient to tell if it's the camera or microphone being used or both.
0 Likes
Radical24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Look for aodnotify in the app store it will give you a notification option around the front camera it's a cool app been using it for a little bit
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
The point of the suggestion made by the OP is to avoid a third-party app.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
Radical24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Agreed but that's not the case hence 3rd party apps fill the void that Samsung created partly by removing the led notification light in recent devices /:
0 Likes
CreyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I like that as well, you could even split the icon so one half would be camera the other would be microphone. However that wouldn't work as under display cameras become the norm
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Randomblock1 ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Andrew_F
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Like a green ring around the camera!!! I love the idea
0 Likes
never-reven
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Absolutely love this idea.
0 Likes
46m3csl
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Would love to have a option for this , using the camera ring for notifications and etc
0 Likes