Original topic:

Improve Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 10-13-2022 02:52 PM)
JadenIsiah
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
2 big things. 

1. Samsung messages needs to badly be updated regardless of if it's default or not. It feels dull.. it needs sending/receiving animations and sending/receiving sounds like Imessage and Google Message

2. If your going to keep google messages as the default and keep samsung messages in the system don't half-butt the app for ppl who like to use it. Improve its look and feel! People have been asking for this 4 betas in a row now. 

App customization (ex. bubble shape customization)
Sounds & Animations of the app
Look and feel
19 Replies
DeeGeeNee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I prefer Samsung message over Google. Just my two cents.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
Same
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I prefer samsung messages and would definitely welcome some new features or new UI.
Options
Suggestions
Textra is a great option. Form, function and a bit of fluff.
Easy on resources and the battery. Google Messages is a battery hog! No thank you.
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
To continue on those that have realized that this is the end of Samsung messages, the Google messages on the s22 is a modified Samsung version (the pictures are the indication) and if you look at the file name it is a different name than the stock Google messages.

I wouldn't expect Samsung messages to make it to the s24, s23 maybe since they might do a slow transition Screenshot_20221012_001455_Messages_1000001377_1665548095.jpgScreenshot_20221012_001536_Messages_1000001379_1665548136.jpg
0 Likes
JadenIsiah
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I'd jus like a better ui you know? The Samsung version of Google messages is constantly behind on updates (atleast in my case) compared to the normal Google messages and I'm in the beta version of the app! lmap
Options
Suggestions
That is on Samsung

I'm assuming they wait for stable builds then update Google messages.
You can download the Google version from apk mirror but there isn't much of a change, and when you update the app again it goes back to the Samsung version
0 Likes
EugeneD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Totally agree definitely
needs a new update and add reaction to messages as well ever other app has it why can't samsung messages.
Solution
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Suggestions
I like Samsung messages better then Google. I'm all for updating Samsung messages to all new heights, but if you make Google messages the standard then I will just go too a third-party
0 Likes