Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Integrated Grammarly

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 11:50 AM)
TheSage
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
The integrated Grammarly on the Samsung keyboard needs lots of work. First, it's tough to find where it is. Then, when you see it, it does not do a great job. It's not correcting everything, and the suggestions are not presented to be applied automatically. It just shows you where the issue is for you to guess the correct input. I used to have Grammarly on my iPhone, and there, you could press to choose Grammarly to correct your writing. I do have a Grammarly premium account.

Would you pleasthisk on thins because it will be a fantastic addition? Right now, I will have to choose the Grammarly keyboard and the Samsung one. 
7 Replies
userEz5eqzcLNn
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Weirdly, I used the Grammarly keyboard because even though key placement and features are better on Samsung's, the essential components of Grammarly do not seem to implemented kind of half hardly thrown alongside its auto-correct software. I also pay a yearly subscription for Grammarly pro, and it does not have a way to access those features in the Samsung keyboard. Yet, hopefully, that changes in the following few updates with more integration and maybe more GUI options for your keyboard, e.g., button size, color change on the press, etc.
0 Likes
TheSage
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Yes, you're right, I am the same as you are. I do have the Grammarly subscription and use the Grammarly Keyboard. And until Samsung, if ever, will implement the same functionalities and UI as on the Grammarly keyboard, I'll stick with Grammarly.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Drewp831
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Yea jus use Gboard... It was a nice try with the grammarly and I'm sure they'll get it dialed in down the road, but until then Gboard is so superior to any keyboard I've ever used. I use grammarly on my desktop/laptop all the time and it's great. But it's gonna be tough to beat Google on this endeavor. JS
0 Likes
TheSage
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Do you like Gboard better than the actual Grammarly Keyboard? (Not the added feature to the Samsung keyboard but the actual Grammarly keyboard). That's the one I use, but if Gboard can give me the same function as the Grammarly keyboard, I can try it. . Now, I have the premium account, so maybe that's why I can choose the Grammarly keyboard.
0 Likes
Drewp831
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Yea I wasn't gonna pay for the premium every month, or yearly. I was more so talking about the free version. Gboard has had the best predictions and recognition of what words I'm meaning to type... It's almost magical. I hardly ever have to re-type words, if it's not right it usually has what I meant in the predictions line, above the keys. It's one thing that I can thoroughly recommend as I've used it for years and and it's only gotten better as its learned my words. It may not do punctuation as well as grammarly. That's definitely a place it's not as good as grammarly. But give it a try, you may like it. You could say least download both and try it for a day or so and let it learn how you speak and your slang words you use. It remembers all that,I use swipe texting so it's really impressive how good it is with what I give it sometimes. Lol
0 Likes
Drewp831
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I mean that's kind of a lot for a keyboard... 158 a year, or 30 a month... I have enough monthly subscriptions as it is. I bet it is better with the premium account. I get by with the free gboard keyboard. What do u think, when comparing it with the free version?
0 Likes