Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Mark notifications as conversations

(Topic created: 08-08-2022 07:10 PM)
coggy9
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
One thing I miss from stock Android is the ability to mark any notification that can be replied to as a conversation, so I can assign custom notification sounds even if the app doesn't support it. 

A great example is Discord. It doesn't  used to not support conversations, but after replying through the notification a few times, my other devices would ask if I want to mark it as a conversation, where I could change notification settings for that contact/group DM/channel. Now it appears with the latest Discord update, it does that automatically from the first notification on other devices. I'm actually surprised this is missing from One UI.

Here's a video of how they should work, from a OnePlus 7T running an AOSP based ROM. https://youtu.be/I1vQOVokelA

And here's the same thing on a S22 Ultra running One UI 5. 

1 Reply
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes