Original topic:

Messages and Phone (Recents) tab tweaks

(Topic created: 11-06-2020 05:14 PM)
Charlie
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Hello One UI Beta team,

I want to point these out and suggest you think about reversing these changes you've made inside the messages app and phone app... 

As you can see in the screenshots below, on One UI 2.5 the header text on top says "Messages" and below it the amount of unread messages in smaller font size. BUT, on One UI 3.0 the way it looks right now is very ugly because everything is the same font size.

When it comes to the "Phone" app (Recents) tab on One UI 2.5 looks better because it shows the profile picture/Initials in a big circle, whereas on One UI 3.0 this is now gone, which makes it look too plain and not as attractive.

Please make these changes so it looks like on One UI 2.5 again

One UI 2.5 design

One UI 3.0 design

One UI 2.5 design

One UI 3.0 design

4 Replies
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Suggestions
You're in message app and want to see messages then number of unread messages? The simplified way in UI 3.0 is better for me. once message app is opened, you want to see those calling your attention instead how it was before.
0 Likes
Charlie
Halo
Options
Suggestions
for me, the way it looks on One UI 3.0 is not as pleasing as on One UI 2.5. seeing how many unread messages you have in big letters like that, looks kind of odd, because there are always messages we don't pay attention to, if they want they can just make the "unread messages" fonts smaller than the "Messages" header just like in 2.5. But, it's just my opinion though, we all have different preferences 🙂
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Suggestions
noted. changing the font size or not having to highlight the unread messages could be another solution.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team