Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Messages app

(Topic created: 10-09-2022 01:11 PM)
Wayne_Barger
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
I see there are versions of the Google integrated messaging app for Samsung that supports RCA over seas. Is the United States going to get that in android 13 too?
3 Replies
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Are you referring to RCS?  If so, RCS is currently supported in Samsung Messages app for certain carriers.  However, RCS support overseas for non-US carriers is currently not supported.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Program

Keno18
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I see it's makes sense then why the international/unlocked s21 doesnt come with Google one UI styles messages app stocked like the T-Mobile variant does . In any case I live in states I opted for the unlock ultra because of travel . Would like an option for one UI style google messages . The version that's available on the play store is the standard pixel style messages app .
0 Likes
Suppersammy12
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

Please work carriers to ensure backport as well. RCS support is still spotty even on slightly behind devices like the S20 and 21 AT&T only supports it on carrier locked devices. Unlocked devices have spotty support even with Carrier Serivices installed. ITs a mess. Spend 1k dollars on a phone and something this basic does not work but the S10 unlooked is supported by AT&T.

Please work on this

0 Likes