Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 09:13 PM)
tscott0227
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
I really wanna use Samsung Messages, but I can't get RCS with it since I'm on an unlocked phone. Google Messages is alright, but it stands out so much from the rest of the UI and it doesn't feel like a cohesive experience. Can we get the One UI skinned version of Google Messages that other countries got? Or at least have the option for those who want it. Or better yet give us RCS in Samsung Messages in a way that isn't carrier dependent.šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬
8 Replies
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Look on apk mirror google messages and install the one called Samsung dynamic
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
*NOT* a good idea to recommend APKs to the general public. They could, at some point, end up with malicious software on their system.
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
People in beta testing aren't the general public. Lol
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
You wanna bet?? šŸ‘:beer_mug:

I've seen posts and responses that were obviously written by the average, non techie type.

What happens with these betas is someone thinks, "oh cool, I get the newest upcoming Android before other people", without any inkling what they're in for.

They didn't read the Terms ... they didn't backup their phone with SmartSwitch before installing the beta ... and five days into the beta testing, they want to know how to remove it.
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
You have a point. But I also lay what happens at their feet then. People should know what beta means.

That said I'm not sure how so many regular users got. At least in the US most of us don't buy unlocked and both ATT and VZW block the beta. I had to flash unlocked firmware to get it.

Only unlocked and tmobile phones can technically get it.
0 Likes
B166ER
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I totally agree, don't want to install the apk, I want samsung to give it to me.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I tried the APK of this version of Samsung Messages and hated it because it was stuck with the default ugly green bubble color and black screen background.
I like Samsung Messages because you can theme it in several ways. You can easily set different wallpapers for conversion threads, or use Theme Park, or now use the wallpaper color picker ala Android 12.

0 Likes