Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

(Topic created: 12-16-2021 04:10 PM)
SweetnessBlu
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Is there not a way for flat across the total Samsung phone line or line can make it to were when you are messaging, like iPhone has, you can see when read, typing, etc etc. Doesn't matter who the carrier is. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
Options
Suggestions
The delivered and read can be enabled in settings, but not typingScreenshot_20211216-185859_Messages_51911_1639702739.jpg
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Suggestions
You can see that kind of info in Samsung Messages when corresponding with another Samsung user using the "Chat" feature (which is RCS). See chat settings in Messages app.
It doesn't work with iPhone users or anyone not using RCS.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @SweetnessBlu ,

This would be possible if both sender and receiver have RCS enabled on their devices and are using Samsung messages.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
SweetnessBlu
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Where there lies the problem because for some unknown reason I do not have this advanced message available. When I touch and hold onto the messaging icon it just is the messaging app. Does not say advanced messaging. So in the settings I do not have an option for chat settings. Just settings. And since everything I have read says there is nothing to download and should already come installed on phone, at this point I am confused. So if I could be pointed in the right direction from here I would be grateful
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Suggestions
You are looking within the settings of the Samsung Messages app? I have a "Chat settings" subsection there.

It is not called "Advanced messaging" anywhere in the app.
0 Likes
SweetnessBlu
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Is there a difference between Samsung messages app and the messages app that is already installed on phone when you get it? I did not think there was a difference or that Samsung messaging app was a separate app but the way it is being described it sounds as if it is. I'm normally not this tech stupid, I swear.
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Suggestions
That's the same app. Labeled just Messages, but it's the Samsung one. Easily confused with a host of other apps with the same name!

If you're in that app and don't have the Chat settings option it sounds like something is wrong. Maybe clearing the app data (which doesn't delete your messages) would be a good thing to try.
0 Likes