Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New Portrait Mode Features!

(Topic created: 10-01-2022 06:56 AM)
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Im back! Ok so I had a chance to use the IPhone 14 and that foreground blur is RIDICULOUS! It almost looks like my Canon camera at times!

So you know what I'm about to say. We need this! Samsung already produces the best portrait mode photos. So if you add that it'll be great.

Also, we have an "add Portrait effect" button in the gallery! But what if it worked for subjects as well as people!

Like furniture, vehicles, pets, flowers, etc!

Also could we get that one Apple feature that let you hold down on a picture and take something out of the photo. It basically makes a png.

One last thing... you know how we can take a "studio" portrait and move the light around faces. Well imagine if we could do that without portrait mode!

5 Replies
HauntedAtoms
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Samsung has all those features. You can adjust level of background blur (I assume you mean background... unless you mean to blur objects in front of the subject?) Honestly I think the high background blur in photos of iPhone users looks fake. Lower level blur seems much more realistic.

You can use portrait mode on objects, not just people.

To make a PNG cutout, tap the pen/edit icon, tap the dotted circle on the exit screen, draw a circle around the subject you want to extract, and the circle will snap to the shape. Samsung had this for a long time. Such a shame that Apple introduces old features as new innovations and gets all the credit because they hype it up. Maybe Samsung should hype it up a little because no one knows about many of the things it can do.
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
"Add Portrait effect" doesn't work on subjects. Just faces.VideoCapture_20221003-170943.jpgVideoCapture_20221003-170938.jpgVideoCapture_20221003-170947.jpg
0 Likes
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Also, I know about Lasso but there should be a full auto mode or something. Like you tap and it works automatically.
0 Likes
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
And for the foreground blur, I meant the front, not the back. The iPhone 14 Pro Max has the most realistic foreground blur. I compared it to my Canon and it was very similar. Samsung has foreground bokeh but it's to a certain extent.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. 

Please follow the suggestions by @HauntedAtoms .  If that does not meet your requirements, please feel free to post again in detail.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes