Did you mean: 

Original topic:

OEM Unlocking

(Topic created: 10-08-2021 05:27 AM)
Rabidturtles359
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I noticed that the OEM Unlocking feature was half removed in the first beta release. Half, as in it would show up on the search results but the actual toggle was missing in developer options. Now in the second release there is no sign of it. 

Having bought my device directly through Samsung for this specific feature, I am disappointed it has been removed. I am hoping it is temporary and just for the beta. Maybe Samsung is trying to eliminate potential bugs and user created for the beta program but on the other hand, I think the users that actually use the feature are going to be the same users that would give the most helpful feedback in the beta program. 

I definitely think Samsung will lose some loyalty if they decide to rob customers of this option. 
0 Likes
3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Does the phone have the Exynos chipset?
0 Likes
Rabidturtles359
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
No, im in the USA. Snapdragon 888
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Rabidturtles359 ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes