Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 3 volume bars redesign

(Topic created: 10-23-2020 03:35 AM)
iw0542
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I feel like the updated volume control interface is a complete step backwards/downgrade than the previous One UI. The old volume control panel (when using the volume rockers) was very intuitive and nicely designed, it was easy to use and you could also change the equalizer settings right on the pop up panel. 

The One UI 3 volume control panel is very confusing to use and has decreased functionality. I'd suggest a greater contrast in color between the bars and the backround, labels for each bar as well as the ability to adjust specific apps sounds. The three dots placed at the top make it hard to use one handed and the symbols for each bar are kind of confusing to interpret what sound each bar controls. 

I really loved the old design and would love to see it back, maybe in a revamped design.

Also not specific to the beta but the lack of variety and useable preloaded notification sounds as well as ringtones is frustrating
5 Replies
shoman94
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I don't agree, I think it's a great step forward in design.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userdAce1atwmG
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions

Hate the new update. The volume buttons were so much better before!! Hate the spaces between the apps and between the pictures in the Gallery. Hate the look when you search for an app. HATE the notifications when you slide down, it's actually less smooth and more bulky and don't like how it whites out the bottom of the screen. Everything is more rounded and uglier than before. If your customers are not complaining why make changes?!? Anything to do with the appearance should be ran by your users first! Conduct a survey before forcing them into a new look. If we wanted a more apple look, we'd own an apple!

0 Likes
userEjsnQbg6zi
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I agree with you on the contrast. It could be improved for better visibility. And make the new set up, easier to access, like the whole One UI theme. As in, make it lower and easier to access with one hand. Similar to stock Android. I really like the new design. But it feels incomplete.
0 Likes
userlmhGMRuISV
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions

The new controls for the volume are horrible they're not user-friendly they were much better the way they were before. The change to the talk to text option (google keyboard) is also a downgrade. I use this feature for my business in this is very frustrating. I have seen nothing in the new update that I find helpful.  I have been a die-hard Android lover for over 15 years but I actually considered getting a different phone after this last update for the first time. 

0 Likes