Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

PIP double tap

(Topic created: 01-06-2022 06:06 AM)
gmm6797
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
My Note 20, before beta, with a double tap the PIP would maximize. In the beta, I have to hit/click the icon in the topnright to maximize.
Can we bring back the double click option,? 
10 Replies
njspank
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
Yes, I noticed this as well. Much easier previously.
Michael6969
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I mentioned this in the first beta update and so far it hasn't been added
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @gmm6797 ,

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass on your feedback to our usability team for review.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Chris Aster
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions

When?! I can't believe this doesn't work yet!!!!! Do you have any idea how dangerous it is trying to get your maps to turn back on after receiving a call!!!!

This is absurd needless and dangerous that double tap for full screen has not been reactivated!!!

This along with biometrics being very finicky compared to the Note 9 actually ruins the entire S23 ultra experience for me!!! I am contemplating returning my S23 and continuing to use my Note 9!!!

SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Suggestions
It has 3 size options now. Double tap makes it larger.
0 Likes
gmm6797
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

double taping the main window does nothing, it used to just maximize the app to full screen, which it no longer does

SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Suggestions
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. When I have say Google maps on and navigate to somewhere else the maps screen becomes a mini version of itself and when tapped becomes larger. Then if you want to restore it to full size you tap the top right corner which has an Ɨ and an arrow with two sides that will maximize it. I don't use PIP often so maybe I'm wrong.
0 Likes
Members_ApXyPoZ
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions

I have a Samsung S20+ Android 13 / UI 5.1 and have the exact same problem. Google maps used to maximize and minimize the PIP screens but now when you double click on minimized map window it only slightly enlarges the map window. Now you have to long tap on the minimized screen, to see the maximum arrow to go full screen?  Not good and helpful when driving in heavy traffic!  Double click was easy to go full screen while driving. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

LUCIFER40
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions

This feature is a joke now and to be honest dangerous to, i use Google maps all time when driving as there is no better satnav on the market, i was using my galaxy note 9 for years without any issues what so ever and then a few months ago i upgraded to a galaxy s23 ultra and the problem started. Not everyone is blessed with brand new fancy cars with built in everything, most of us are happy with cars we have so this feature is an absolute must to be honest for everybody, The problem I have is when I'm using my sat nav it's inevitable somebody will phone me which means my screen goes off the Sutton ave and onto the call which I then have to swipe to answer, couldn't give a monkey's about the new law it's allowed a **bleep**. Like I said not everybody is blessed with brand new cars that do all singing all dancing, so some of us don't have an option but to swipe to answer a call if the government don't like it tough there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're not sat there playing with your phone. So now the call ends and I'm left with this pathetic little screen with the sat nav in it at the bottom right corner, so now I double tap on the screen and it does nothing I tap it once and it goes probably half the size again, now we have to fiddle about looking at the screen trying to find the little expanding arrows in the right corner of the small screen to make the sat nav bigger, what **bleep** come up with this idea needs sacking plain and simple, this is so dangerous and stupid. Such a simple thing that people rely on and Samsung and Google think it's fine to take things away, there's an old saying that these companies need to listen to and learn by, and that saying is if it ain't broke don't fix it and in this case stop fixing something that's not broken, this feature obviously needs to be put back double tap to make picture in picture full size it's a simple thing now come on guys get it done because this is dangerous. I have even gone through all the stupid settings that people suggest doing by cleaning out the cash and cleaning out this that and the other and it does absolutely nothing I've even gone to the extreme of completely factory resetting my phone and starting again which with the amount of stuff on my phone takes 3 hours to do and I am never doing it again it is not the phone that's at fault it is either the Samsung software itself or it is a Google problem but going by what I've seen online it looking more and more like a Samsung fault because other companies don't seem to have this issue.