JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Performance has taken a huge hit!

(Topic created: 10-03-2021 09:49 AM)
Mallochai
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I've never had a performance issue with my S21plus 5g until this beta.  I have games now lagging, my home screen theme picture going blurry on me and certain apps will just  close out with no warning or reason.  My charge time has also increased whereas my battery life has decreased.  Overall I believe this S21 has taken a pretty big hit by the new One UI 4.  Anyone else?
10 Replies
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yes these are expected issues with beta software and what you agree to when you sign up to test it. The whole point of being a tester is to use the software and report issues to the developers as they arise.

Read the terms and conditions, pinned posts on known issues. If you don't see the issues you mentioned report them using the error reporting and the developers will work to fix them for the official release of the One UI 4 program but don't expect it to be fixed right away
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
100 percent correct, normally the first beta release is always a little buggy, and as new updates are available the problems will disappear
0 Likes
JDoc47
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
I've experienced a similar slowdown with OneUI. While in the beta period, at least, you could try a third party launcher. I am using the Ruthless launcher and it's much more responsive and quick. As with all things in beta, though, YMMV.
0 Likes
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I thought very carefully before deciding to Beta test since I received a caution advisory prior to participating that some functions may not perform as expected while Beta testing. They requested we report any problems we have via "Beta Feedback".
Kayanne
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
I have noticed a major decrease in battery life as well. But i also cant get my apps to update, let alone try to even download a new app.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
This is a known issue, but if you check your application settings such as battery usage and if the application is running unrestricted or optimized it will greatly improve battery life
Options
Suggestions
It's normal since its a beta
0 Likes
Solution
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Mallochai ,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Mallochai
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
This is to everyone trying to explain the T&C and asking if I knew this was a beta: Of course I knew this was a beta. I even expected some issues to arise and was very prepared - to the point that I even have a backup just in case something were to arise and my phone became a glorified paper-weight. Betas are are also implemented to get real-time opinions of the product and to report any of these issues. Reporting them publicly as I did was a way to also recieve suggestions on how these errors could be fixed or something different I could try to correct it. Thanks to those that gave your opinions and suggestions. These ones who assumed I had no idea what a beta is - OH, look... Something shiny!!
0 Likes