Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone Startup Lag

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 08:33 AM)
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
When Samsung Phones power on, they don't fully startup until the user enters their password. This is a problem because it leads to a very laggy startup experience for the first minute or 2 of using the phone. It's been a problem on every Samsung phone regardless of how much you pay for one. I've said many times that Samsung needs to follow a similar sequence of boot to iPhone and Pixel where the user sees the boot logo until every  background process has started on the phone. This way, there is no startup lag when you try to use the phone for the first few minutes. And it's not like you can't start these features without a password. The phone can still be locked while all of these processes are starting. But Samsung also needs to remember that on Android, we have launchers as opposed to 1 home screen interface on IOS so you need to give more time for it to activate and be lag free. I must say that when I see my latest Galaxy S phone lag when booting up every year with no improvements, it feels bad and the phone feels cheaper because of that. All of these major freezes and frame drops really should be a thing of the past as even my pixel 3 with its really old hardware is still lag free. I don't know what's causing your phones to still lag like they do but I suspect it's a Samsung thing and not an Android thing if my $60 Pixel 3 can run smoother and it doesn't even have 120 hertz which is the saddest part. All that being said, Samsung for One UI 5.0, don't focus on a ton of new features but rather focus on the many areas of the OS and UI that are choppy, laggy, and poorly designed. I like what you've done so far in this first beta but there's still a lot of work to do. Thank you for all your hard work One UI team🫡💗!
6 Replies
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Suggestions
This has always been one of my biggest pet peeves with Samsung.
manzoorboy06
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Agreed, even if I leave my phone for a minutes after booting it doesn't make a difference. The lag still kicks as soon I enter my password and I have to give time to let it settle in. In this age and time user experience is crucial and it starts with as soon the user boot the phone.
pharmabomb
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
That's just unacceptable
blambtn
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes, this indeed very frustrating.
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
And you would expect that after 5 versions of One UI, this would be a non issue but it's actually gotten worse these past years because they force the boot up to wait until you enter the password for everything to start. Makes no sense. What then was the boot logo and wait time even made for in the first place?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team