Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Phone sometimes getting hot

(Topic created: 10-29-2021 04:24 PM)
d4raxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Is there a way that Samsung can fix the s21+ to stop getting hot almost all the time????
0 Likes
11 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
There's a number of reasons a phone will get hot.

We saw quite a few posts about it during beta1, with less during beta2 ... and with beta3, I don't recall any issues. (mine never got hot during the whole beta period)

It could be a rogue app, or maybe you've got the phone configured aggressively.

Have you booted into Recovery to do a Wipe Cache Partition.

===============
If not:

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

... now check on battery after 5-10 mins
d4raxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
alr ima do it
0 Likes
d4raxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
even tho im quite leaving my phone idle ig its not hot only so far tho
0 Likes
d4raxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
so far i havent had anymore heating issues the past 2 days
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Good to read this!!

Thanks for the feedback šŸ‘ :beer_mug:
SHAK1R
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I have S21+
In beta 1 my phone was started getting hot after few days of usage! Then i rolled back in android 12.
When beta 2 arrived, i joined again in the beta program till now im have no heavy battery drain issues or getting hot!
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Rogue app deletion eliminated my heating issues šŸ˜€
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
My S21 Ultra getting extra hot when I use the camera, this exist sinse the S6Edge and never Samsung has been able to do something..
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Interesting.

I also participate in the "s21" (not beta) forum. Someone asked about "normal" phone temperatures, a couple days ago

So I did a test. Overall, my "camera / editing / post to YouTube" test showed the phone to run slightly cooler than other phone activities.
0 Likes